Sunday, February 8, 2009

Marty Rathbun


Marty Rathbun is now offering alternative services outside the CoS - which is a bit ironic knowing that as Inspector General Ethics for RTC he was responsible for getting rid of all the squirrel groups...

The undated picture he uses on his web page features him together with Jason Beghe. Some estimate that picture from 2005, but it may well be a recent one as Jason Beghe was the one to announce the departure of Rathbun from the CoS in Jun. 3, 2008:
GREAT NEWS!

I spoke with several VERY RELIABLE sources this weekend who say they are in contact with Marty Rathbun. He is very much alive and very happy! Apparently, he finally left for good due to his disgust with DM’s treatment of staff.

Marty is a great guy, a smart guy and a tough guy. Even if he isn’t nessasarily on ‘our team’, we are certainly fortunate that he is not on ‘their team’. I applaud his courage and integrity for leaving and wish him all the best with the rest of what I hope is a very long, rewarding life…..
You can also check the ARS thread about it (in which a critic demonstrates the "we-do-not-hate-Scientologists" moto with the remark: "Maybe the world will get lucky and Rathbun will choke on a shrimp and die"), the OCMB thread and the WhyWeBWAAA thread.

Rathbun was also spotted in Sep. 2008 as running the Barack Obama’s South Texas campaign branch.

http://rathbunmark.topcities.com/
I was a member of the Sea Organization for twenty-seven years. I learned how to audit and troubleshoot virtually any technical problem at every level of Scientology. For years prior to leaving the Church I was regularly called upon by its top-ranking members to resolve its toughest and, in many instances, most high profile cases.

Having dug myself out of the dark pit where many who leave the Church land, I began lending a hand to others similarly situated.

A lot of folks seem to be suffering from the inculcated idea that once they depart or cease to slavishly follow every arbitrary dictate they automatically forfeit any spiritual gains they may have attained along the road. Natively conscientious as most beings are, such an evaluation can begin a pernicious dwindlng spiral of self-invalidation and unhappiness.

I understand this phenomenon and the internal dichotomies extant within the organization that bring it about. In the process of reversing the decline in myself and in others certain lessons were learned that might be of some assistance to those who have experienced the same.

I offer a simple program of rehabilitation of previously recognized abilities and education on universal truths and principles of spiritual growth. I do not offer a substitute for Scientology nor am in competition with the Church. I am only offering to share all the skills I have learned – from a wide variety of sources - to help those in need who once formally participated in Scientology but who now hold no hope nor intention of ever seeking help from the Church.

My services are peformed in a relaxing, bayside environment with unlimited space and fresh South Texas air. Reasonably priced accommodations – which include plenty of Southern hospitality – are conveniently located within a short, pleasant walking distance.

My services cost whatever you think they are worth, within your means, after completion. I ask that you pay me one-half of whatever you determine that value to be when you head back home. Then, if after a month you believe your original estimation was correct you can send me the other half, or not. It is entirely up to you.


Related blog entries: R-Rathbun-

No comments: