Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Persia White

The Celebrity Scientologist is a good blog. I often discover there people I had no idea they were Scientologists, and people I just did not know about. Such is Persia White, featured today: Celebrity Scientologists: Persia White- Actress, Musician, Activist.

She is most known for her participation in a series called "Girl Friends", which I don't think I ever saw.

I must say she does not come out that good in photos, and I had trouble finding one that I really liked for my blog, but she does come out very good live, such as the KTL5 interview, obviously, or she wouldn't have starred in Girl Friends for more than six years.

Another thing I like about her is her activism, mostly for the environment and animals, and I do like the text of her web page opening:

"I know that many of the conflicts we face today are hard to confront, but I ask that you open your mind and eyes for a moment and allow yourself to be a witness. No matter what you've been taught, I know we can make a difference in the world around us. One simple action can lessen or stop the suffering of another. Every great movement, invention, or philosophy began with ONE person. Often times society can make a person feel small or unimportant, yet there is tremendous strength in every word, every action, every voice. It's time to be heard."

And no, I don't think she speaks of LRH, but just more simply of you and me.

OTOH, something that does come out through various aspects of her is what she surprisingly reveals in that KTL5 interview above: "My music side is more, you know, what's going on inside my head, which isn't always so positive and happy, it's a little bit ... darker".

Why is that surprising? Well, because it does not fit the stereotype of the Scientologist, who always strives to be "upstat" and "uptone". It may really be a stereotype, though, because the same can be said of Beck.

Other Links:

No comments: