Saturday, December 27, 2008

Jerry Seinfeld on Scientology

"It's extremely intellectual and clinical in its approach to problem-solving, which really appealed to me."
That's the initial post that prompted me to write about Scientology 1 and Scientology 2.

This is pure Scientology 1, and is one of the things that people find attractive in Scientology i.e. a new, quasi-technological, way to approach old concepts, with some new and original ones injected in the process. It's not faith-based...

More here:
“You would just understand that there’s this kind of voice, and then there’s this kind of voice, and then there’s this kind of voice. I wasn’t a natural performer at all, so I learned. I was always a pretty good writer in the beginning, but I really had to learn how to perform. Just a little thing like that, understanding that really helped me on stage to understand how you have to invade the space of the audience a little bit. I learned that early on. It was a very helpful thing to learn. You have to invade them just a little bit. Not too much, because then it’s obnoxious. But you can’t be short of them either, or you won’t control them."

"They have a lot of very good technology. That’s what really appealed to me about it. It’s not faith-based."

No comments: