Friday, January 16, 2009

Anonymous - Show Your Human Side

New York - Jason Beghe to Anonymous: Grow Up - Runnin' Scared - Village Voice: "I think Anonymous should be very proud of what they accomplished. And they should know that the Church of Scientology is nothing to be afraid of. Maybe their next game should be 'Naked Anonymous.' And I don't mean take your pants off. I mean take your masks off. Show them that you're not afraid."

Beghe is partly right. Anonymous should take off their mask when they speak to an individual Scientologist, but they cannot take off their mask when they protest, since the mask has now of sort become a trademark and symbol of Anonymous.

I myself launched the idea on Dec. 11 of "Operation Drop the Masks" but also qualified the idea on Dec 12. when I saw that what I wrote was partly misunderstood. I think indeed they should drop the mask, but I realize that this is not possible at this stage when they protest.

So, the above seems like a good compromise. Anonymous could keep their mask while protesting Scientology, the corporation, and could put down their mask when they need to show their human side.

I think there's a kind of poetic message in that, somewhere...


Blog entries in this series:


No comments: