Monday, February 2, 2009

FLV Splitters

I was looking for a program that could split Armstrong video into the relevant parts. Not surprisingly, that was not easy.

I first had to convert the FLV file into AVI. Most of the programs doing that pretend to be free but are not. I only found two really free ones.

One of these is called Super, but it's a freaking 30MB and it still had long to finish downloading when I found the other solution.

The other solution is beautifully explained on the http://worldtv.com/blog/guides_tutorials/flv_converter.php page, including the reason why it is so difficult to find a decent free program to do such.

Once in AVI, it was easy to split using the Windows Movie Makers included in Vista.

I am just writing this to reward that beautiful page above with a link and recommendation, and just in case someone else one day bumps in the same problem.

No comments: