It is common knowledge that Happy Smurf is Gary Scarff, and Scarff himself has made public his alleged HIV+ status. It is thus deceptive to give the impression that this was some secret that Scientology obtained from his private health record.
I do not know about AGP, though the article notes that "Happy Smurf and AGP have confirmed they are both HIV+", whatever that means.
Besides, how does Graham Berry knows any of this, since by his own account he was not allowed inside the gate?
Now, this being said, IF true (and that, as you would notice, is a big IF), it is of course totally irrelevant that the protesters are gay or HIV+. If the CoS really obtained information from their private health records and were using this against them it would indeed be outrageous. But how do we know this is true? Critics are already jumping all around on what is only a rumor, with as the only source it seems Graham Berry, a notorious biased and unreliable anti-Scientologist. This rumor is already considered as a fact by critics who are already jumping the gun and blindly shooting everything that moves.
- Apr. 25, 1997 letter from Garry Scarff where he reveals his alleged HIV+ condition
- Oct 22, 1997 Garry Scarff post where claims that he has been HIV+ for two years
- Jan 16: dox or STFU
- Jan15: Jason Beghe Message to Anonymous - Grow Up!
- Jan 14: More Speculations About the HIV+ Claim
- Jan 13: HIV+ Rumor Only a Rumor